Monday, January 28, 2008

Prometrium is making me a little nutty

I am still taking my prometrium pills (progesterone) three times a day (that is, when I can remember it). I realized, as I was crying last night watching the movie Waitress, that it's making me a bit emotional. Then as I wanted to kill my dog and my child this morning, I realized it was also giving me a temper. Lovely! Yeah prometrium!

I called the nurse who said most of the time they keep patients on it until 12 weeks, although if everything is looking healthy next week they might reduce it a bit.

I have quit caffeine entirely, but every other day I come down with a rip roaring headache that can only be cured with two or three sips of a Coke. I feel immensely better after that.

Still no symptoms of pregnancy, with the exception of sore breasts, which can almost assuredly be associated with the freaky deaky high levels of progesterone flying around my body. I don't feel sick, or particularly tired, or, well, pregnant. But I'm trying to keep an open positive mind about this. We had great weather this past weekend and that helped a LOT. Then Kevin left and I got pissed and overwhelmed almost immediately.

I can't wait until next Tuesday. I took the day off from work so I wouldn't have to worry about being away from work for so long. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment