On Saturday I decided it would be a grand ole time to attend the free Barenaked Ladies childrens concert at the local Barnes and Noble. Kevin untypically let out a little groan of annoyance when I mentioned that we'd all be going to the concert. How could I resist a free concert that was right in our backyard, in an intimate setting?!? He begrudgingly agreed that it would be fun. I think mentioning that he wouldn't actually have to work around the house for those few hours was what finally sealed the deal.
Despite having to wait around to get a good spot for nearly two hours, it was a lot of fun to share the event with Delaney. They played for a half-hour which is desperately short by any concert standards, but honestly it was a challenge to keep her 100% entertained for that full half hour so I was a bit relieved when they say they'd be playing their final song.
There were a lot of kids in attendance and it was pretty clear that most of them had been taken there by their parents without a clue of what they were attending and why they should be there. I could hear conversations all around Boulder that went something like this:
"Kids we're going to see the Barenaked Ladies on Saturday"
"But why?"
"Because they're a great band and you'll love them"
"I don't think I want to go"
"Well, it's a Barnes and Noble so you can pick out something you'd like when we're there"
"Cool, I guess I'll go"

Monday, June 16, 2008
Barenaked Fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment