Thursday, April 9, 2009

Milestone for The Bug

We have hit a new milestone with Delaney, and one that I am not entirely happy about. She has figured out how to reach up onto counters to get what she wants. The other day I put some cashews on our cutting board and was intentionally hiding them from her because she goes bonkers over any kind of nut and you can't get her to stop eating them. Well... I was doing one of the million little things it takes to keep the house functioning and soon noticed that not only was Delaney missing, but the cashews were too! There she was in her room quietly and contently mowing down a half-bag of cashew nuts. She is not that tall so I definitely have to wonder how she managed to see they were there in the first place and how she found a way to get up there and reach them. Ugh. Now even the counters aren't safe! There is so little left in the house that is sacred from the children. The bathroom... fuggedaboutit! Delaney opens the door even when I'm in there asking for privacy. She takes things out of my nightstand, my closet, my bathroom drawers, my backpack, my purse, you name it. Nothing is sacred anymore. Our house is too small and I find myself searching for the highest nooks and crannies that are unreachable for her but there are so few of those now. She's like a little mouse, fitting into and reaching things I never thought possible. And she leaves traces of everywhere she's been just like a mouse. My house has been invaded by a very large, messy, nosy, and hungry mouse. And her name is Delaney.

No comments:

Post a Comment