Thursday, June 18, 2009

Delaney "Goucher" Runner Girl

Last week Delaney completed the Uni Hill Kids 1k race. There is an adults race as well but they kick the event off with kids doing one lap of the 1k course.

Delaney did this race last year and Kevin ended up carrying her for a bunch of it. This year she not only did the whole thing under her own power, but RAN almost all of it. She stopped to say hi to Daddy a couple of times and occasionally stopped because she almost ran into curbs and holes in the road. It is an understatement to say that she was excited about this race, but I imagine her excitement is a direct result of our excitement and fussing over how cute she is in her running clothes and how proud we are of her to.

There are a lot of pics in this post, so bear with me, but I wanted you to feel like you were at the event with us.

Delaney has a snazzy running outfit (from Target) which has had to be pinned due to the fact that it's too big.
Photobucket


First we had a few training runs which were documented on film.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Once we got to the event, there were funny moments of Delaney doing her own stretching routine.
Photobucket
Photobucket

(This one is my favorite)
Photobucket


Kevin getting her ready.

Photobucket
Photobucket


Doing the stretch routine with all the kids.
Photobucket
Photobucket

And finally... the actual run.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


The whole thing was a ton of fun for everyone and we will be doing the other two 5430 kid races this summer as well, in the hopes of getting one of the free pair of Crocs that go to the first 100 racers that do all 3. Next up, July 23 West End 1500.

4 comments:

  1. This is simply the most adorable thing I have seen in a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously don't think she could be any cuter. I agree - that is one of the most adorable things I have ever seen. I am so glad you documented the whole thing, the stretches and she looks HUGE!!!! Hope all is well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweeeeet! Love the many shots--she looks adorable! I just blogged this week about an injury I sustained while running last Wednesday. Hopefully I'll be back up and running soon. I'll use your daughter's pix as inspiration. :)

    ~Shaye

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep these shots for your future talk-show interviews when Delaney has just won her first set of Olympic gold medals. Then she can smile and prove that she's been a regular on the circuit since the age of 3. She's such a beauty, and these shots are darling. Love it, love it, love it!!

    ReplyDelete