I love yoga. Absolutely love it. In describing my perfect day, at least two hours of yoga would be included in there. When I lived in Eugene and was unemployed for a few months I used to do oodles of yoga. It was great. I would take a 10:30am class that went for an hour and 45 minutes. My flex schedule was such that I could stay after class and chat with the teacher if I wanted. Or go back to that inversion that I couldn't quite seem to figure out during class.
Then came the reality of the working world and continuing to do that much yoga became unrealistic.
I did yoga today for the first time in about a year. I was so happy when I finished, I felt energized and full. On a normal day it just doesn't seem possible to fit it in. I can squeeze in time here or there but making it a regular occurence just doesn't seem possible. Since yoga is best done a few hours after you wake up there aren't too many early morning yoga classes in this town. Since yoga is also best when you have at least an hour and a half, that seems like a big time commitment for a person with young kids. Maybe I could find that time but it would mean getting rid of a few other things I like to do like running and toning classes. Ugh. Just not enough time in this world for all of the LUXURIES.
I feel like yoga is a luxury. It's for people who live the leisure life. It feels like when I do it I am sneaking into a world of leisure life for an hour or two. I suppose if I were more committed I could find a way to do my own practice at night after Delaney has gone to bed.
Friday, December 7, 2007
Is Yoga really a luxury?
Posted by Courtney at 2:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment