Little Delaney is a jabberer. When we are at home she is constantly talking. It seems like she never stops. Sometimes it's jibberish, but most of the time it's words and phrases she knows or thinks she knows. She has a constant running commentary on her life, what she's looking at, what she wants, or what others are doing around her.
I find communicating with her is one of my huge joys in life. Sometimes she is simply repeating exactly what I ask of her, but a lot of the time there are real exchanges of information that are letting me get to know her as a person. It's wonderful.
We'll be sitting on the couch reading and she'll say something like "Laney get up, find another book." To which I usually reply "great, be sure to pick out a good one." And then she'll march over to the bookcase and say "Laney get a good one!"
During dinner preparation last night Delaney ran into the kitchen and just screamed "QUESADILLA." We weren't making her quesadilla but I think she hoped that if she told us loud enough it would come true. And I am finally starting to get answers about what she is doing at school and what she eats for lunch. I love that she communicates with me so well, and so clearly.
I have also noticed what are some cute little OCD tendencies where things have to be exactly in the right place at the right time. Blankets need to be in a certain place, Elmo stuffed animals need to be present and things JUST SO.
Funny sidenote story, when my mom was visiting recently she somehow got to a place where the two of them would do exercises on the floor. I'm not sure exactly what exercises they did together, but now Delaney likes to lead BOTH mommy and daddy in group exercises with our workout towels (actually cloth napkins) laid out perfectly in front of us. Her favorite exercise is downward dog and then the pose where you lift one of your legs and swing it over the other side (a good hip opener). She also loves to spin around with her arms outstretched, and sometimes will lay on her back and kick her legs all over the place. She absolutely loves that we will follow her in these exercises and it has now become a family ritual. What a sight we are all on the floor following Delaney's silly antics.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Jabber, jabber, jabber, jabber
Posted by Courtney at 10:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment