I've been offline over two weeks now. Things have been crazy upon return from California/Cabo, and I just haven't had one spare moment. Ugh.
I figured I would start way back with our trip.
Highlights:
1. Getting to spend two full days with Joe, Janet, Lucy and Bailey. Lucy is amazing with tons of words and tons of independence. I was very impressed with her spirit, giving nature and intelligence. She was amazing in letting Delaney play with her books and toys all weekend.
2. Having the entire Thomas clan together for Easter weekend.
3. Sitting on Joe and Janet's porch and looking at their amazing view of the San Diego bay.
4. Being in warm, warm, warm weather for 9 days straight. Even when it seemed "cold" it wasn't really cold.
5. Watching Jo and Bob delight in our beautiful daughter, and how she had them wrapped around her little finger with every funny phrase and behavior (especially Pop-pop).
6. Getting to take naps and relax, both in California and Cabo.
7. Being around a VERY active but generally good natured traveler Delaney. She is SO much easier than she used to be.
8. Catching up on my reading in Cabo.
9. Going to the Wild Animal Park with Delaney, and getting to see Cory and her adorable munchkin Will.
10. Wearing elastic waist sweats and pants and feeling oh so very comfortable in them.
11. Feeling the ickyness of the first trimester slowly move out, just in time for our trip away.
12. Lots of tacos.
Some of the things that WEREN'T highlights:
1. Not being able to go in hot hot tubs.
2. Not being able to eat a lot of fish (especially hard in Mexico).
3. Not being able to have a Pacifico in Mexico.
4. Driving a tiny stick shift rental around crazy Cabo.
5. The wind in Cabo. We've had wind all winter in Colorado and I would have been ok if it weren't gusting every afternoon and evening.
That's about it. All in all a pretty perfect trip. We are currently planning our next one this July to DC and Maine. It's going to be a pricey trip, and I haven't booked it yet because I'm just not sure I can afford those darn plane tickets. Would I be insane to think about driving out with Lucy and Delaney?
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
When I said MIA, I meant MIA!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment