I have been MIA the last couple of days, and I plan to be even more MIA over the next week and a half.
Yes, you guessed it, our trip is finally here. Woo-hoo! I probably won't post an entry again before we leave. And it's doubtful I'll post when I'm away, but if I'm feeling inspired I might do it.
The buds are forming on the bushes and trees in Boulder, and the tulips and daffodils are starting to come out of the ground. Nothing is blooming yet, mind you, but I can sense that we are close to some nice weather. I think by the time we return from our trip we might be in SPRING.
I received some icky news yesterday in that the CU elementary education program is completely and totally changing and everyone in the existing program needs to complete courses ASAP before the courses are no longer available. Someone put together a schedule for me that is completely unrealistic, and doesn't even factor in that I need to take off the fall to have a baby. I walked into the advisor's office and told her as such and she gave me this look like I had just swung her cat around the room by it's tail. I have the terrible feeling that I am going to have to drop out of my current program and apply to the new program, which is stressful in itself because I'm not sure the courses I've taken will be accepted in the new program (thus making this semester a total waste). To add to the stress, they are basically making it impossible to do this program part time in the future, as you enter your program with the same 20 students and take all the same classes in the same sequence. But these are all full time students. Ugh. Sometimes I really detest bureaucratic systems where they make these decisions without thinking about the little people they hurt. I have a meeting with the advisor on the Monday after I return, and we will see what comes of that meeting. Based on her initial reaction, it doesn't look good.
I hope everyone has a great Easter and I will update lots upon my return.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
MIA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment