Thursday, August 28, 2008

Update on our world

Let's see... where do I start?

I am huge and pregnant and uncomfortable.

Delaney has been adorable or as feisty as a hyena.

Cousin Luke is doing better although still struggling with some breastfeeding/eating issues. Thank goodness he pulled through that scare last week well.

Delaney's room is almost. done. Just a rug and some shades away from done.

We *might* have picked a name for the boy. I even bought letters and Michael's and put them up in his room to try it out. Not revealing yet what the name is, but I think the middle name will be Larsen.

My sister-in-law is getting induced today and hope to hear the news about baby boy Sean very soon.

I love summer and I am mourning the upcoming cold and snow.

My work has been trying my patience lately to the nth degree.

I could not get through A Passage to India and I have moved on to Grace (Eventually) by Anne LaMott. So far so good although I hope she ties all of her random thoughts together at the end.

I have been watching the big speeches from the DNC with great interest. I thought Hillary killed it the other night and I found myself disappointed that she is not going to be our president any time soon. Maybe she would have fought for a longer maternity leave for new mothers.

We sold the TV in our bedroom since that nook of the room is now housing our office. It feels quiet in there but my guess is that it will end up being a huge improvement in our lives because we will read and do other things more.

I am swelling in my arms and legs and I still have 4 weeks to go. Sigh.

A friend from my mom's group offered to watch Delaney for a whole night (an overnight, no less) last Saturday and we got to jet off to Denver for a nice dinner out as a couple. The offer was more than generous especially considering that her husband fell ill and she had to watch both kiddos herself. Thanks Anne!

We went to Dot's Diner in Boulder for breakfast on Sunday. Just the two of us and it felt somehow empty without Delaney. But more importantly I think we *may* just have found the move "divey" breakfast joint in Boulder. Actual real live Boulder hippies (I thought they were extinct) patronize and work this establishment.

Football starts this weekend and if it weren't for the fact that UCLA is using a 4th string QB I would be a lot more excited.

Delaney is starting to ride her Skuut bike and seems to be very fond of it.

I am considering buying a video monitor for the little babe based on multiple friends suggestion and insistence. Apparently they're the bomb diggety.

Due to Facebook I feel a lot more caught up on my friends lives. Kevin has reconnected with some good friends he hasn't seen in years. I guess some good can come of all this technology.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment