Yes, that's the masthead and name of this blog. But it took on a different meaning the other day.
We had gone to the doctors office because G Love was a serious crankypuss for a full two days. Cranky at breakfast, in the pool, in the bathtub. You name it. It was abnormal. So figured I should pay someone $25 to look in his ears. Which they did, and they were fine, although completely filled with earwax.
Given my solo stint due to Kevin's travels, Delaney had to accompany us to the doctor. It was an impromptu appointment and this is a girl who does about as well at impromptu as I do at brown nosing. But, she didn't even blink when I told her where we were going and how we were going this very minute. She was great. She pushed Garrett in the stroller, sat patiently and waited for the doctor, waited for the nurse to prod his ears, waited for a lot of stuff. She actually waited. Hallelujah. She F'IN waited.
We were in the elevator going down after the appointment and I said "thank you Delaney, for being such a good helper, and being so patient, and being such a fun person to be around."
And no shit, she looked at me, and said "yeah, I'm growing up, Mom."
I patted my heart and said "darn right Laneybug, darn right."
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Growing Up, Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Ain't it amazing. So glorious and terrifying to discover at the same time. Love this story!
ReplyDelete~Shaye