Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Seven years ago...

Seven years ago today, Kevin and I were with friends at our post-wedding brunch, getting ready to start our honeymoon. Yesterday we celebrated our seven year anniversary. Ok, well, celebration might be a bit of a strong word for simply acknowledging that we were married on the 20th of October. With two kids now in tow, it makes actually celebrating the occasion a bit more difficult. Hopefully when we have the grandparents in town next week or the week after, we will actually get to go out on our own and mark the occasion a bit more calmly.

I fondly remember our wedding day and the festivities surrounding. It was a glorious fall Sonoma day and the day went pretty much as planned with no hiccups. Most everyone we wanted to be there was there, the ceremony was personal and heartfelt, and the reception was a bit crazy and raucous. Just like I wanted. In retrospect I wouldn't change anything about the day (well, maybe except not serving so much Red Bull and Vodka so that we don't put the health of our friends at stake. Sorry Jason!)

Hard to believe that it's been seven years. We have been through a lot of highs and lows in that time but I feel like it's still getting better every day. We have lived in Los Altos, Eugene and Boulder. We have had five pregnancies and only two kids to show for it. We have had the opportunity to travel to a lot of fun places. We have held onto a lot of the friends that were there to witness our marriage and made a bunch of new ones. We have moved jobs and for Kevin even changed careers. We bought a house, got a dog and started an amazing family. I guess we really have grown up a bit in seven years, eh?!?

I am so happy that I married Kevin and when we are in this post-birth stage with our kids I realize and recognize JUST how lucky I am to be married to this man. He is so wonderful as a father, and so supportive as a husband, that I feel like there really isn't anyone else for me and our family. Thanks Kevin for seven good years and here's to hoping there are at least 30 or 40 more in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment