Thursday, November 13, 2008

Precious sleep

I am probably jinxing myself by posting this, but for the last two nights Garrett has been an absolute rock star sleeper. Two nights ago he went 7 straight hours and last night he went almost 8 hours without as much of a peep! This is almost exactly how Delaney did it so I'm hoping he's setting himself up to be the same kind of nighttime sleeper as her.

My parents are here and are busy with projects and watching the kiddos. Yesterday my dad put up some gutters on our garage, took Delaney to Home Depot and the park. I got to go for a run, do some errands and basically have a relaxing day. Then Kevin and I went out to Jax for dinner.

Today Delaney is at school and my dad is back to work with projects (more gutters, fixing the guest room toilet and putting up shelves) and my mom has offered to spend all day with Garrett. I am going to my workout class at lunch, finishing up buying Christmas gifts for the nieces and nephews and then I get a haircut at 5pm. It's almost like I don't have two kids, with all the personal things I am able to accomplish. Woo-hoo!

Then we are all going out to a local Italian restaurant tonight and hopefully will watch the Jets/Patriots game afterwards.

Tomorrow we are supposed to get our first snow and since it is the last day of my parents visit I am cramming in a nail appointment and a massage. Then they are off to Arizona early on Saturday morning.

It's been wonderful to have both sets of grandparents in town and get some good help. Yeah!

1 comment:

  1. 8 hours?!!! Get out!!! That's awesome. Yet, I'm so freakin' envious. Go Garrett!!!

    ReplyDelete