Garrett had his 2-month check-up today and everything went well. He is 12 pounds, 6 ounces which puts him about 75th percentile. I can't remember the other two measurements, but he is between 50 and 75th percentile with everything. Which means he is getting enough food, despite his constant spitting up and occasional puking. I was telling her that I pretty much can only feed him on one side because if I ever do both sides it is instant pukage. She said not to worry, that whatever I'm doing is working, and to just keep doing it. :)
Dr. K was laughing at me because I was asking her when Garrett could be expected to sleep longer durations and when I could get him on a daytime schedule. She chuckled and said "ok, second child mom, you need to chill out and just enjoy your babe!". Ha. Am I wrong to look forward to those things? After explaining my frustrations that Garrett seems to have a built-in 4am alarm clock, she said "be glad it's a 4am alarm clock and not a midnight, 2am and 4am alarm clock!". We've put him down at 9pm, 9:30, 10pm and once I even fed him at midnight only to still have him wake up at 4am. What happened to those two magical nights where he pushed it to 5am or 6am?!??
Needless to say I think we are going to try and start inching back his bedtime to get him down a bit earlier to see if he could still make it to 4am. We'll try to do that this weekend when we don't have anything pressing the next day, just in case I am up a bunch of times as a result of our experiment.
And apparently schedules during the day don't really happen until between 3-4 months (they can come later, too, if you aren't looking to get your child on a schedule).
I was laughing at myself as I was walking out of the doc office and thinking that I was definitely jumping a bit ahead of myself here. Next thing you know I'll be wondering when he can start riding a bike fer cryin out loud. I mean, he moves his legs a lot, shouldn't he be able to get on one of those pedal bikes?!?
We are thrilled about Thanksgiving as we are going over to Jasper's house (Delaney's true love) and there will be a few other families there from the Acorn School. Should be fun to let the kids run around like crazies while we get to socialize with each other. Our neighbors are having a party on Thursday morning and then other neighbors are throwing one on Friday. Should be a fun weekend.
Yeah for a healthy babe and Thanksgiving weekend. All is good.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
2 month check-up
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment