One week and two days until our vacation. Yippee! If only I didn't have one zillion things to do before we leave. The list of places to visit, things to buy, schoolwork to complete and appointments to make is incredibly long. Why does this always happen before you go away for a vacation?
I have nothing all too important to talk about, so I will just give you a few ramblings and musings.
1. Kevin had laryngitis for 5 straight days, which was a huge bummer and our house seemed incredibly too quiet for that stretch.
2. Kevin seems to genuinely enjoy his new job. And he is home at a reasonable hour every day, which makes ME love his job probably even more than he does.
3. Kevin and I will both be participating in the Lawn Chair Drill Team this Sunday in the World's Shortest St. Patty's Day Parade. For those of you not familiar with this practice, it's a bunch of crazy adults dressed in green who move through the parade doing crazy routines and chants that use a lawn chair as a prop. Picture you high school drill team but then put in semi-coordinated adults chanting about Irish whiskey and clanging around aluminum chairs in unison.
4. My job has been incredibly busy these days, which is unfortunate and comes at a very inopportune time.
5. I am considering flying to the bay area in April without Delaney to see family and friends, since it will be my last opportunity to do so before baby #2 arrives.
6. In a very strange twist, I am extremely excited to start wearing maternity clothes because maybe I will actually start being comfortable in my clothes during the day.
7. My next ultrasound is Thursday March 20 and I'm a little nervous because it's the one where they do all the genetic testing. I'm thinking positive thoughts, but nervous nonetheless.
8. Every day at 5pm or 5:30 the most uncontrollable wave of fatigue comes over me and it's all I can do to stay awake. Usually I cajole Delaney into laying on the couch with me and reading.
9. I have done nothing to plan for Delaney's 2-year birthday fiesta. I am thinking neighborhood barbeque with 4-5 other families. The good news is that she probably won't notice that I didn't put too much effort into it.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
One week, 2 days
Posted by Courtney at 11:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment