Last Friday we were invited to join a few of Delaney's classmates (and their parents) to attend a local children's concert. Since Kevin is out of town I gladly accepted and knew that Delaney would be very excited to hang out with Jasper and Abilene, and listen to some tunes. When I told her we were going to a concert she actually got excited and said she wanted to go dance and jump. I have a little concert veteran on my hands.
All of the parents were able to sit and chill for a few moments as our kids entertained each other, and we were all remarking about how our lives had changed so dramatically when it comes to social events. Now we go to children's concerts and actually enjoy that it somewhat resembles a social life, when in reality we know it's nothing like the late night shows and fun we used to have. But such is life. It makes me happy to see Delaney so happy with her friends. Here is a snapshot of their breakdancing fun.
For what it's worth, I think they're all amazing dancers. :) Abilene in particular has a flair for an "interpretive" style dance.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Children's concerts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment