In less than two weeks we are all going back east for a few family visits. We will spend 3 days in Arlington staying at Kevin's brothers place catching up with his side of the family (and Jo's 70th birthday celebration). I'm sure my niece and nephew have changed so much since we last saw them and I'm excited to get to know them again and remind Delaney that she has some cousins. :) I am not looking forward to the east coast humidity, but hopefully it won't be too bad.
Then we are DRIVING our way up to Ellsworth Maine which is apparently about an 11-hour drive. We are going to do it over two days and hopefully stay in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, which we hear is a very charming and fun town.
Then we get 4-5 days in Maine with my parents where we will undoubdetly be eating tons of seafood (although I will have to moderate) and showing Delaney what a wonderful east coast retreat her grandparents have set up. I predict that she will be very scared of the lobsters and crabs, and probably even more annoyed about wearing a lifejacket in the lobster boat.
I feel like I could use a break from the daily routine of preparing for a second child, and it will be nice to not have to think about crossing items off a to-do list on a daily basis. Me thinks it will do me good to get away for a few days.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Excited for our upcoming trip
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment