Thursday, July 24, 2008

Update on life

Kevin is back in town and the whole family seems like they are getting back to normal, with the exception of Ellie the cat. It seems to take her longer to get used to his return as she remains miffed for a good week. She is going to be very upset on Saturday when he leaves again, this time with the whole family!

Delaney is going through a phase of being extremely determined to wear exactly what she wants. Which includes only a handful of items, and all of which are super comfy cotton elastic-type clothing. She refuses to wear anything resembling jeans, khaki shorts, dresses, any of her cute shoes, etc. She is one VERY opinionated girl when it comes to getting dressed in the morning.

Work has been nearly unbearable lately but I am trying to grin and bear it. I'm excited to get away for a few days and take a break, although begrudgingly I think I will have to do some work while away because of various annoying reasons. Argh. A bunch of friends have asked when I am going to leave, and we have decided I will be working up until my leave. My last day in the office will be Friday September 19 (unless I go into labor sooner). It's longer than we had originally anticipated, although with all the money we have spent on the house and Delaney's new room, it made sense to do it this way.

I just finished the book The Time Traveler's Wife. I know I am in the minority on this one, but I wasn't that crazy about it. The writing was good, but the subject matter just never grabbed me and I didn't like all the jumping back and forth through time zones. It's really just a personal thing with me and I realize most people are a lot more tolerant of this technique. And to boot the book was really long at 540 pages. Sheesh. Next on my list is Passage to India which is my August book club selection. Also not far behind are Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kinsolver. This is not a book club selection but I want to read it and am excited to jump into that one. My other book club has selected Grace (Eventually) by Anne Lamott for the September book so hopefully I will get to that soon after Passage.

Here is a cute video I shot of Delaney the other morning before school.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you didn't like TTW -- yeah, the time zones takes getting used to. I loved Animal, Veg, Miracle and have been v. inspired by it. (Anne)

    ReplyDelete