I don't have anything magnificent to share, so will instead opt to provide a run-of-the-mill update on our family and our weekend.
Kevin returned late last week from 11 days away in China, which was a huge relief to EVERYONE in the house. I feel like I can handle one week fairly adequately, but the longer ones start to get me and the whole family. Lucy had spent so much time with Murphy and the neighbors that she stopped wanting to hang out with me and wouldn't even come over when I would return from a day of work. Ellie started wailing at all hours of the day and the ones in the middle of the night are always fun. Delaney started talking about how when daddy gets home she wanted Mommy to "go away". And me... well.. let's just say I was ready to have my hubby back for the company and help.
We spent a nice weekend as a family and caught up on some projects around the house to boot. We took two trips to the pool and Delaney is really coming into her own at the pool. She will jump in by herself and is ok with submersing herself completely as long as I get her when she's underwater and bring her back up. She likes to float and kick, and has even attempted to do something that looks very close to swimming. The best part is seeing her squeals of delight about being in the water and her sheer joy when she is doing something in the water that makes her happy. To say that she likes the water is probably an understatement.
We dined out for a few meals but mostly ate all of our meals on our outdoor patio and new patio table. It was a gorgeous weather weekend and we enjoyed as much of the outdoors as we could muster. There were a few obligatory trips to Home Depot mixed in but as long as Delaney gets to drive the "car cart" she doesn't seem to mind going. Our neighbors Kate and Rico had a party on the 4th and we enjoyed spending a few hours with our close friends and neighbors. I made a peach crisp that was pretty darn good, thanks Barefoot Contessa.
And of course Kevin and I did some relaxing by the TV watching the swimming and track/field Olympic Trials. I think the track and field was more exciting than the swimming, especially the men's 800 meter final. I think Kevin has successfully turned me into a track and field fan.
Kevin's jet lag is worse than I've ever seen it by about 5 fold. He has been plain out of it since his return and has not had a normal night of sleep yet. He has also been uncharacteristically cranky and groggy, which makes it hard when the whole family is excited to have him around and wants him to jump back into action so quickly. We tried to take it easy on him and let him sleep in a few mornings but even after 10 hours of sleeping he still didn't seem to be himself.
I am dreading the fact that Kevin is set to leave again so quickly for Europe. We won't have another weekend together as a family (in Boulder) until late August. Sniff, sniff.
The pregnancy is going ok, I am definitely starting to feel like it's the third trimester. The boy moves all day long and has a tendency to like to push very hard on my bladder and other parts that are very uncomfortable. But all in all no real complaints.
The last of Delaney's big girl furniture arrives Wednesday and I am thrilled to finish up that room and check it off the list.
Other than that just enjoying having the man of the house around for a short stint. I took zero pictures this weekend so I have nothing exciting to show of the weekend except my update. :)
Monday, July 7, 2008
Rambling update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment