Monday, July 14, 2008

Sadness

It is a bit of sadness that I write my update today, as it seems like a bunch of generally sad things have been happening lately.

My co-worker Anna lost part of her home on Saturday in a random fire that totally burnt their neighbors house to the ground. Anna's family lost their entire garage (including cars) and a part of their home. With the smoke and water damage they know whey won't be able to be back in their home for at least 6 weeks, possibly longer, and I know that must be hard with 3 kids in tow. To add insult to house injury, we found out on Sunday that Anna's half-brother was found dead in Hawaii after he had been missing for two weeks. He had recently been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and was apparently scared to death because he thought everyone was out to get him. He was found on a trail by some hikers, and my thoughts are with Anna and her family during what must be an awful, awful, time.

And much less sad is that Kevin is gone again and our whole family seems to be despondent over his departure. The house just isn't the same without him and I am starting to get lonely without him around since he's been gone so much. Most of the time it just seems more hectic, busy and frustrating when he's gone. But somehow lately it's just felt more lonely than anything.

I have started to feel the discomforts of the third trimester a lot earlier than I did last time, including long bouts of insomnia, hip pain, sciatica, fatigue, belly discomfort and plantar fascitis. Ugh. I can't believe I have 2.5 more months! Calgon take me away.

I am starting to get worried about being able to care for two children on my own since Kevin likely won't be able to take more than a few days off work. My mom is thankfully coming out for 2 weeks (some of it pre-birth, assuming I don't go early) and I am considering flying out my dad to help in October or November. It's harder for them both to come out together so maybe I can get him to come out after her and have a little extra help. It would just be nice to have an extra set of hands around since I remember just how overwhelmed I felt with a new baby at home. And now I'll have a baby AND a toddler. At least I have very helpful neighbors, but it's not the same as someone who is willing to occupy Delaney for hours on end. I'm sure we'll figure it out and everything will be fine. :)

I have some good plans this weekend with my mom's group friends so I'm excited about that, including a trip to the Butterfly Pavilion with Delaney. We have never been and I hear it's fun. Other than that not much else to report. No new photos but I'm going to try and snap some this week so Dad can have a glimpse into our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment