The sleeping issues have started for me, which is scary because it seems like it's a long way until the baby is born.
I think it's one of those cruel jokes that nature plays on you when you're pregnant. There isn't a time that you need sleep more than before a baby comes, but when you've got this squirmy being inside you messing with your body and hormones, it seems almost impossible to do so.
Last night I laid awake from 3am to 5am and had trouble dragging myself out of bed when Delaney started singing this morning. At least she doesn't wake up early, I think I have been blessed by her ability to sleep in. I can't imagine we'll have as much luck with a second kiddo on the sleeping in factor.
Most of my issues center around insomnia, hip aches, temperature issues and general body aches.
At 4:15 I was so frustrated that I ended up turning on the light and reading my book for a half hour. I am reading the Time Traveler's Wife, which quite honestly is not grabbing me and I have been at it now for a few weeks (and am 200+ pages into it). A lot of my friends loved the book, so I'm hopeful that I will understand that better as I progress. I feel like there must be something big that happens in the end that has you thinking twice about previous clues and things you've read. I just don't know what that is yet, and frankly I am a little annoyed by all of the back-and-forth between space and time. Not my kind of topic usually.
I have been blessed by constant attention from the neighbors, as Don and Lindsay had me over for dinner last night and Delaney loved hanging out with Finley. I have a BBQ tonight and a bunch of invites for this weekend as well. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have made a dent in my loneliness during this solo stint. 6 more days to go.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Sleeping issues
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment