A few funny conversation snippets that have been heard around our house lately.
Delaney: Yesterday I went to the jump up.
Mom: Really? What's the jump up?
Delaney: It's the place where I went.
Mom: Who did you go with?
Delaney: My sister.
Mom: Oh, you went with your sister. That explains it.
Delaney: And my husband.
Mom: (laughs). Your husband?
Delaney: Yeah! My husband likes the jump up.
Mom: What's your husbands name.
Delaney: I need to think about it.
Mom: Well, yeah, you better think about what your husbands name is.
Delaney: It's Thomas.
Dad: That's a good, solid name for a husband.
At school she apparently had this conversation:
Delaney: Melinda, can you come over to my house next week?
Melinda: Well, actually, I am coming over to babysit you next week.
Delaney: We can have dinner, and play games, and then you can spend the night!
Melinda: Well, I don't think I'm going to spend the night.
Delaney: No, you can, there's TOTALLY room for you in mom and dad's bed.
And, in regards to potty training.
Mom: Delaney when the heck are you going to start going in the potty (as I wipe a nasty nasty poop off her bottom).
Delaney: In 15 minutes!
Mom: 15 minutes!? Wow, that's fast.
Delaney: No, maybe tomorrow.
Mom: Yeah, tomorrow seems more realistic.
And I heard her singing in the bathroom yesterday a mixture of all the holiday songs and stories she's been hearing lately. It was like a jazz, poetry, and spoken word reading but in a toddler sing song voice.
Delaney: Hanukkah lights, Hanukkah lights, twinkle, twinkle, Jesus' birthday, angels singing, bethlehem, hanukkah lights, hanukkah lights, jesus was born, hanukkah lights, hanukkah lights.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Funny snippets
Posted by Courtney at 10:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


that was so great. i still want to know what the "jump up" is.
ReplyDeleterobby mtn
CJ...your blog makes me smile. I especially enjoyed her amazing Hanukkah song.
ReplyDelete