Monday, December 22, 2008

Product review, Cooshee booster seat

I thought it might be useful to some (especially those with young kids or at least younger than ours) if I posted reviews of the products that I have found particularly useful.

Delaney stopped using her high chair around 10 months old. It seemed that she was happier feeling like she was more involved in the table dynamics and frankly, we hated cleaning that darn high chair.

So we moved up to a booster seat, one I purchased during a trip to Target. It was plastic and not quite tall enough for Delaney to sit at the table so we had to prop it up with a few towels underneath. The towels served a double function as we also didn't want the plastic chair scratching our wood chair. I could not stand this particular booster as it was impossible to clean and had a bunch of other flaws. A friend of mine suggested a seat called the Cooshee and I checked it out.

Photobucket

I had to make a special trip to Babys R Us to purchase it because they don't sell this chair in any of our local Targets. There are a few great things about this chair.

The first is that it's a "foam" like material that doesn't scratch our chair. Not only does it not scratch the chair, it naturally grips onto a wood chair and thus we have to worry less about safety and strapping the plastic to the wood chair. Delaney has wanted to climb up onto her chair by herself for some time and this gave us a little peace of mind that the high chair part wasn't going to slip while she was entering or exiting. That being said you would only be able to use this chair once your child is not at risk for falling onto the floor. I'm guessing at least a year old would be the minimum but probably more like a year and a half. Even when your child can sit up by themselves they still risk toppling over when they bend over to look at that interesting bit of food they just spilled on the floor.

The second is that it's so easy to clean. There are no little creases and crevices for food to get lodged. Just an easy swipe and it's clean.

The third is that it's really portable. Often times we go have dinner at our neighbors house and we just lift up the seat and off we go. No undoing and redoing straps.

I highly recommend purchasing this booster if you have wood chairs. It is completely worth the money.

Photobucket

1 comment: