Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Winds

One of my largest pet peeves about the Colorado winter is the winds. It's hard to describe just how strong, loud and powerful these winds are unless you live in them. I find that if the weather is warm in winter, it means really strong winds. If it's cold, it's either still or snowing. Have I mentioned I dislike the weather here in the winter?!?

Last night upon our return from California we were greeted to howling winds. Which soon became shrieking winds. Which then became hurricane force winds.

So powerful it blew our freakin' fence down. I am so mad at the winds right now I want to go smack them down. Who was the wind god again? I just looked it up... turns out there are gods for the winds from all directions. But I'm not sure if the "east wind" god means that he blows from the east or to the east. If it's to the east, it looks like Eurus, the god of the east winds, is our man. Why, o why, are you going to cost us hundreds of dollars in a new cedar fence, Mr. Eurus?!?!


Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment